Skip to main content

Home


At times like these, I REALLY wish I hadn't seen so many Horror/ Dystopian/ Zombie Apocalypse box sets on Netflix.

      As recent news images started to flash onto our screens like the opening titles of 'Dawn of the Dead', my brain automatically fast-forwarded to those inevitable scenes just before the closing credits start to roll. I've read enough books and seen enough drama of this genre to know how it will end; with me probably having to engage in an unspeakable sex act with some gormless trolleyboy behind the 'Click and Collect', in exchange for a packet of Cream Crackers!
     My hubby, who was full of big talk about 'self sufficiency' and home grown tomatoes a couple of weeks ago, is already rapidly losing the plot, so make no mistake about it -  when the shit hits the fan, it'll be down to me to do whatever I have to do for the family. Even if the selfish bastards don't particularly deserve it! With a bit of luck, we have a long way to go before it comes to that. I have decided therefore, that if I blog about my more immediate concerns that it'll serve to keep my imagination in check.
     So Boris announced the Lockdown and it wasn't unexpected. Like most people, I have so many concerns and questions about the coming weeks …………
     Will I manage to avoid filing for divorce or putting my kids up for adoption?  How long exactly could I get my leg hair to grow if I really put my mind to it?  How am I going to ensure that at any one time I have a spare toilet roll, at least one unopened bottle of wine and an item coated in chocolate in the house?
           

Comments

  1. Sorry guys. Some of you of you have told me that you've tried to leave a comment. I'm working on it so please keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if people want to comment they have to go through google chrome ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Lisa. It's annoying but please keep trying x

      Delete
  3. Sadly, this is my actual life. Brilliant. Keep them.coming xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone! Feel free to share your challenges. I'm aiming to post every day throughout 'Lockdown' so need all the inspiration I can get! X

      Delete
  4. HAHA this was great! How do you feel about those questions now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brigit. I haven't started googling divorce lawyers and we've decided to keep the kids and the cat. Due to the hot weather, I've had to keep my leg hair under control and my eyebrows are yet to meet in the middle. Oh and I haven't had to compromise my morals in order to get groceries so that's a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming from a third world country, even though it's lockdown, offices are open because well, people has to earn.

    And majority of people don't abide by the health rule when they go out to work.

    Teenagers and young adults have already started eating out and vacationing. Because school is closed lmao.

    Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one staying home in lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds very similar to the situation here in the UK. We're getting lots of mixed messages from the government. Many people are carrying on like everything's normal then the next thing they know, cities are going back into lockdown because the infection rate rises.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I know the feeling! We arent in lockdown here, but We stay at home and away from everyone since it started here in March. Let me tell you, my ONE kid drives me crazy!!! Not sure how other pare ts do it with multiple kids. I totally ran out of ideas on what to do with a 3 year old and my house gets cleaned about 10 times a day. Love your sarcasm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Much appreciated! It can be harder when you have one kid to keep occupied. Occasionally siblings entertain each other so that you get a brief respite (even though it invariably ends in bloodshed).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

January - Hello 2021!

 Not gonna lie, I always find emerging from my Christmas cocoon to be a challenge. But this year ....... dear God!😩      It had been a very strange time for the family. After months of having this thing hanging over us like an executioner's guillotine, we actually had  it! Having endured John's almost constant hysteria - his persistent worrying, obsessive disinfecting and pathological fear of the world and its residents - we had succumbed to the virus anyway. And most importantly of all, we had survived and come out the other side. Don't get me wrong, coronavirus isn't to be recommended. It wasn't pleasant. But like all those things in life that you manage to survive, there's always a plus side to be found. Apart from John FINALLY having to stop worrying about catching the bloody thing and accepting that the virus particles had actually outwitted him, I managed to lose a great deal of the weight that I'd piled on during the lockdown of 2020. This meant that